Interim HealthCare franchisees reflect on the power of high-quality hospice care
SUNRISE, FL – November 27, 2018
– November is National Hospice and Palliative Care Month, an observance dedicated to raising awareness of the benefits of hospice services. Every year, nearly 1.4 million Americans living with a life-limiting illness receive hospice care, according to the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. The demand for this care is projected to surge as the aging population significantly increases nationwide and more people prefer to stay in their homes.
Based on a philosophy of improving the quality of life when quantity of time is limited, many of Interim HealthCare’s franchisees across the country have been personally moved to serve their communities because of their own life experiences:
- “I opened a hospice in the memory of my mother, and it has driven so much of the heart of our company and satisfaction for our team.” – Ray Schroeder, owner, Interim HealthCare of the Upstate (South Carolina)
- “Hospice is important because it enables people to have some control at the end of life. It enables them to make choices about where they die, who’s present with them when they die, and it gives them a sense of peace. It also makes a difference for the people that are left.” – Cynthia Ringling, CEO and owner, Interim HealthCare of Colorado, Front Range and Tucson, Arizona
- “What drives us, and what drives our leadership team, is every single day we better be making a difference in somebody’s life.” – Charyl Schroeder, CEO, Interim HealthCare of the Upstate (South Carolina)
- “For me, it was a personal experience that I had with my dad. At the end of his life he chose to be cared for by hospice. He didn’t choose cancer, but he got to choose that he was going to stay home at the end of his life. We honored that, and we had an amazing experience with the hospice that cared for him. It was something that we would love to do for other people.” – Margaret Beck, owner, Interim HealthCare of West Michigan
Interim HealthCare Hospice is devoted to meeting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient while supporting the patient’s family during the caregiving, grieving and bereavement process. To learn more about Interim HealthCare’s hospice offerings, click here
About Interim HealthCare Inc.
Interim HealthCare Inc., founded in 1966, is a leading national franchisor of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. It is part of Caring Brands International which also includes UK-based Bluebird Care and Australia-based Just Better Care, both well-known franchise brands in their countries. With more than 530 franchise locations in seven countries Caring Brands International is a global health care leader.
Interim HealthCare in the United States is unique in combining the commitment of local ownership with the support of a national organization that develops innovative programs and quality standards that improve the delivery of service. Franchisees employ nurses, therapists, aides, companions and other healthcare professionals who provide 25 million hours of home care service to 190,000 people each year, meeting a variety of home health, senior care, hospice, palliative care, pediatric care and healthcare staffing needs. For more information or to locate an Interim HealthCare office, visit www.interimhealthcare.com
SVP, Marketing & PR
Raffetto Herman Strategic Communications