Frequently Asked Questions About Home Care - Albany NY
What is Home Care?
- Personal Care and Home Health aides, Homemakers, & Companions for non-medical support services provided by paraprofessionals for assistance to remain independent in their home.
- RNs and LPNs for teaching about and assistance with medications, nutritional needs, and disease, wound care, and IV management.
Who uses Home Care?
- People of any age needing some assistance to remain independent in their home.
- People recovering from illness, injury, or surgery, who need short term assistance.
- Terminally ill patients who would like to remain home.
- Families and caregivers themselves, who need respite care due to illness, work, or travel.
- Services can be short term, ongoing, occasional, or specific to a need. Care can be at home, at the hospital, or an adult facility.
Who Pays for Home Care?
- Private Funds: We assume all payroll, tax, and insurance responsibilities for staff. Invoicing is done weekly in clear, informative billing. All payments are handled by the bookkeeping staff in the office.
- Long Term Care Insurance: Our company works directly with the LTC insurer to process the paperwork to simplify the billing for clients, as allowed by HIPAA
- Workman’s Comp on a preauthorized basis.
- Medicaid and Medicare, when approved and according to their guidelines.
- We do require a two-week deposit to begin services, held till end of care.
- We partner with other Home Care providers to complete the service package: EDDY Alzheimer, Community Hospice, area County Office of Aging and VNAs.
How do you start Services?
We’re here to take time to listen
, make suggestions, or simply answer some questions. Sometimes care can be an urgent matter, sometimes not but it always requires information. Care can be short term, ongoing, occasional, or specific to a need. Service can be at home, at the hospital, or a facility. Maybe we can help you plan.
Home care services begin with a plan:
To Determine the home care needs: A Client Service Supervisor will listen and answer questions you have. An RN Supervisor makes a home visit to further discuss the service and assess the need and level of care.
Next,we develop a personalized plan of care
with the client and physician. Interim’s RN Supervisor works to establish the proper level of care with a clear understanding of the services, goals and expectations. The RN and Client Service Supervisor work to schedule a caregiver with the experience and skill to meet the client’s needs. Our services are monitored, assessed, and adapted when necessary under the guidance of our nursing staff in concert with your physician. Our nursing oversight has been at the core of Interim’s work since the beginning.
Ongoing Service Support:
We maintain a 24 hour on-call service for both scheduling and nursing. Our same office numbers connect you to our afterhours staff.
Our caregiver staff
is part of our trusted team of experienced and respected employees. They are subject to a comprehensive background check, finger printed, insured and bonded. Our company assumes all payroll responsibilities. They are engaged in ongoing training and skill assessment.
Why choose Interim for Home Care services?
- We are a long-term employer in the area and continue to utilize local staff to meet the needs in our community.
- We offer a variety of home care services enabling individuals to live independently, help with a healthcare crisis, or ongoing need requiring outside assistance. We offer:
- Customized services 2 to 24 hours per day
- Companion level, PCA, HHA, Skilled RN services
- End of Life Care with Hospice
- Care Management and Medication Management Programs
- Respite Care for short term needs
- Sitter Services for Hospital, Nursing Home, Assisted Living Facilities
- Bonded, Trained, and Supervised Employees
- 24 hour On Call staff for scheduling and nursing