The Interim HealthCare Grand Rapids - West Michigan Hospice Care Team
Our interdisciplinary hospice group is made up of professionals who address the medical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs of the patient and loved ones.
Our Hospice Team Includes:
- Nurses who are skilled at managing the needs of each hospice patient by administering and overseeing palliative care and addressing the unique care needs associated with life-limiting illnesses.
- Medical Social Workers are available to ensure that patients and their families receive the appropriate care and to explore community resources to cope with the problems caused by serious illness.
- Home Health Aides help to provide personal care services and to assist with the basic needs like nutrition, cleanliness and household tasks.
- Chaplain/Spiritual Counselors and Therapists who provide spiritual care to help patients and their families process the many emotional end–of-life issues. Chaplains work in conjunction with the patient’s clergy to provide emotional and spiritual support to patients and families.
- Physicians who work with the patient and family, as well as, collaborate with attending physicians in the community to help manage symptoms causing discomfort and to develop the right plan of care to ensure continuity in medical decision making.
- Volunteers who provide companionship to people living with a life-limiting illness and help their family caregivers in a variety of ways by providing companionship, run errands and provide general assistance.
- Bereavement Specialists who provide support to surviving family members. Group, individual and family grief counseling, telephone support, and informational programs are among the many available bereavement services.
To learn more about your Grand Rapids - West Michigan, Regional Hospice Team, call our office at
(616) 229-0004 or fill out the simple form on this page and we will contact you soon.