Hospice at Home | Wausau, WI Area
Our Wausau Regional Hospice Care Program focuses on providing compassionate, quality care to those individuals with a life limiting illness.
Our ultimate goal is to help each individual live a high quality of life through dedicated efforts to ensure the highest levels of care and compassion. Hospice focuses on palliative care and comfort care in the final stages of life.
It is important to note that hospice does not hasten death, but instead helps the individual live fully and comfortably, affirming their uniqueness and providing support to their loved ones.
Our Mission Statement
The Interim Hospice team strives to provide quality, holistic, end-of-life services, caring for the body, mind and spirit of each patient and their family.
Governing Body Approved 05/09/2016
We believe that every life matters until the very last moment. We provide a holistic approach to care, focusing on the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and family. Learning that you or a loved one is facing a life limiting illness can be devastating. You might feel powerless, overwhelmed, frightened or alone. Our Hospice team will be there for you.
Interim’s experienced team of specialists have time tested expertise and are devoted to compassionate, professional end-of-life care. Our team is composed of physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, social workers, chaplains and volunteers.
Our Hospice Care Team in the Wausau, WI area provides the following services
- Pre-Admission consultation
- Expert management of pain and symptoms
- Nursing Care
- Assistance with personal care
- Pharmacy Consultation/Services
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Massage therapy
- Support and education for caregivers
- Access to care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Coordination of services with your attending physician
- Counseling support
- Therapy Services
- Close communication with you about your illness and treatment choices
- Emotional grief and spiritual support
- Bereavement program offered for 13 months after death
- Hospice care may be provided in the home, long term care facility or assisted living setting.
- Medicare, Medicaid and most plans, cover the cost of Hospice services relating to the terminal illness.
- We hold in honor and are so grateful for the service of our veterans. We are dedicated to providing superior end-of-life care and our staff is specifically trained to meet the unique needs of each veteran.
HOSPICE - Making Your Wishes a Priority
The Interim Hospice team will help you understand your available choices and support you in your decisions. Our focus is to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of you and your loved ones in the most safe and comfortable manner.
While the terms are often used interchangeably, bereavement refers to the state of loss, and grief is the reaction to loss
Bereavement care can help families during a very difficult time At Interim HealthCare and Hospice of Wausau, WI, we understand that bereavement care is an essential component of hospice that includes anticipating grief reactions and providing ongoing support for the bereaved over a period of 13 months.
Over the years it has become apparent that there are many myths out there about hospice. Below we have put together a list of these myths and the corresponding facts that prove them untrue.
It is important to note that hospice does not hasten death, but instead helps the individual live fully and comfortably, affirming their uniqueness and providing support to their loved ones. Here is a list of commonly asked questions.
Being a hospice volunteer, is an intensely rewarding experience. Once you complete the required pre-training interview and orientation class, you'll be ready. Surviving family members or friends wishing to join the volunteer staff will be strongly encouraged to wait a minimum of one year following the death of their loved one.
At Interim HealthCare, we know what to look for when it comes to whether a loved one can remain safe and independent in their own home. This simple and free quiz can help guide you when making that important decision.
Take The Quiz Now