In Home Nurse in Wausau: What We Do and How We Help
Posted: 9/16/2019 10:00 AM by
There are many health events that can happen to seniors as they age. Rather than enduring extended hospital stays or frequent doctor visits, most seniors would prefer to stay in the comfort of their own home. With an in home nurse in Wausau, WI, your loved one can receive the care and assistance they need as they remain at home.
Interim HealthCare of Wausau: What We Do
At Interim HealthCare of Wausau, our home care encompasses a variety of services. Our in home nurses are able to provide:
- Home health. Our nurses can administer certain medical services in the home. While these services are typically less invasive in nature, they can greatly help your loved one remain comfortable at home and make life a little more convenient for you as a family member. Our home health services include:
- Physical, occupational, or speech therapy. Following an injury or health event such as a stroke or heart attack, your loved one may need assistance with mobility, daily tasks, or even speaking. Our location offers these services in the home, which allows your loved one to regain independence in a comfortable and familiar setting.
- Wound care. This service provides care for individuals with ostomies, stomas, dermal ulcers, and other complex skin conditions.
- Chronic disease management. We offer our services to patients living with COPD, diabetes, and heart disease. Our nurses provide care for these diseases specifically while also educating your loved one on their symptoms and treatments.
- Palliative Care. This service offers management of chronic conditions without the need to leave home for doctor visits. Our Palliative Nurse practitioners meet with patients in their homes or in facilities to care for your loved one.
An additional service we offer is hospice care. This service includes end of life care provided by our in home nurses. Our team is dedicated to providing quality care and physical, emotional and spiritual support for your loved one and your family during this difficult time.
How an In Home Nurse Can Help
An in home nurse can help in more ways than just providing care. Whether your loved one needs recovery assistance, chronic disease management, or end-of-life care, we are committed to serving them. We provide our medical services in combination with emotional support and education on your loved one's condition.
If your loved one is located in Wausau,
Stevens Point, Merrill or surrounding areas we would be happy to meet with you for an in-home evaluation. To learn more about our in home nurses, call us today at (715) 842-7707.