Home Health Care in Wausau: Physical Therapy at Home
Posted: 12/27/2018 1:26 PM by
Neglecting your physical therapy can have a big impact on your recovery and mobility after an injury, operation, or on your management of an ongoing health problem. However, it’s all too easy to let it fall by the wayside when you have so many other things on your plate. By receiving this important treatment as a home health care service, rather than going to a clinic in Wausau, WI, you can make it easier than ever to find the time for your long-term health and well-being.
How Physical Therapy Can Help You
If you've lost strength in your muscles or range of motion in your joints, you could benefit from the help of an experienced physical therapist. Physical therapy refers to the practice of regaining mobility and strength through regular stretching and targeted exercises. It takes time and consistency, but the results can have a big impact on your overall recovery and the quality of life you enjoy.
You may need physical therapy if you're dealing with one of the following issues:
- Weakness after a heart attack
- Increased stiffness or drop in physical function
- Difficulties caused by stroke
- Pain in joints or back
- Trouble walking
- Balance problems
- Harm caused by a recent fall
- Weakness or stiffness following a surgical procedure, like knee replacement
Physical therapy is ideal as a home health care option because you may need frequent sessions to overcome your medical issues, especially if you need it to regain the full use of your joints. Getting assessed and treated at your home, on your schedule, makes this whole process much simpler and more convenient.
Other Home Health Care Services in Wausau
In addition to physical therapy, you can also receive other types of home health care to facilitate your recovery. These include:
- Occupational therapy. This therapy is focused on restoring your ability to handle day-to-day tasks, like eating and getting dressed. It may be useful if you have joint pain, are experiencing memory loss, or have suffered from a heart attack stroke.
- Speech therapy. This therapy includes exercises and treatments to help you understand and use words, and may also be required after a heart attack or stroke, or if you have trouble speaking or swallowing.
These therapies are just a few of the home health care services offered by Interim HealthCare of Wausau. To learn more about our services in Wausau, Merril, and Stevens Point, call us today at (715) 842-7707.