Staying Safe and Healthy: CoronaVirus Update
Posted: 3/12/2020 12:16 PM by
Our clients’ health, safety and wellness is our top priority and we have been closely tracking the news about the coronavirus and COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. As cities in our service area begin to declare pre-emptive states of emergency, we wanted to let you know about the steps we are taking and also how you can protect yourself and your family members.
The risk of serious illness is highest for seniors and those with pre-existing chronic illnesses. We are updating our caregivers on this information and encouraging them to take extra precautions for themselves and the people in their care including the following:
- Wash hands often and thoroughly (for at least 20 seconds.)
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- Stay at home as much as possible
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t easily available
- Consider stocking up on medications and supplies
- Try to avoid touching your face
We are continuing to monitor Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization guidelines and will adjust our protocols as necessary. There are several recommendations available for high-risk groups on the CDC Website.
We take our commitment to the safe-keeping of our clients very seriously. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by calling us at (424) 322-7262.