In Home Medical Care in Roswell: How Can a CNA Help?
Posted: 8/11/2022 9:32 AM by
Do you have a loved one struggling to live independently? Are you worried about their safety and well-being? It might be time to explore options for in home medical care in the Roswell, NM area. With the right care in place from a certified nursing assistant (CNA), your loved one will be happy, comfortable, and safe, all while you have more peace of mind.
Some specific ways a CNA can help your family include:
- Administering treatment. Whatever your loved one's condition, a CNA will be able to monitor their vital signs and administer certain treatments, including wound care and changing bandages, as well as managing oxygen and equipment. If there is an issue, they can notify a nurse supervisor or physician immediately.
- Providing companionship. If your loved one can't get out on their own, they might become bored and isolated. This can lead to depression and other issues. A CNA, however, can provide the compassionate care and companionship your loved one needs to feel supported and happy.
- Maintaining a safe environment. Another way a CNA can help is to ensure there aren't any slip or fall hazards in the home. They can also assist your loved one with mobility, like getting into and out of the shower and while bathing and dressing, preventing a slip, fall or accident.
- Offering personal care. A CNA will also help your loved one maintain good personal hygiene, help in the bathroom as needed, and can even feed your loved one during meal times if necessary. They will also help your loved one follow a healthy diet and will adhere to any specific dietary requirements your loved one has.
- Assisting with light housekeeping. If your loved one can no longer take care of their home on their own, a CNA can help with the work. They can handle light duty chores, such as doing the dishes, light cleaning, changing sheets, and more. This ensures your loved one's home is tidy and neat.
Find Out More About Our In Home Medical Care in Roswell
With care from Interim HealthCare of Roswell, we can ensure your loved one's needs are met where they're happiest: in their own home. We can provide everything from IV therapy, ostomy and wound care to occupational, speech, and physical therapy. We'll also personalize a plan around your loved one's needs and preferences, with availability to our patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
This care is available to those in:
- Lake Arthur
- And throughout the surrounding area
Call (575) 625-8885 today to learn more about our in home medical care in Roswell, NM.