TeleHealth - Technology and Home Care
At Interim HealthCare, technology plays an important role in staying safely at home.
Our services are provided by people, very caring and extremely competent people. But, they aren’t in your home all the time, every day. Technology enhances your safety at home. Technology helps you learn about how your condition is affected by medications and your behaviors.
We use two general categories of technology in meeting your desire to stay safely at home:
Interim Connect ®:
Imagine being able to push a button and call someone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. And, it’s not just for emergencies. Now, this is possible with
Interim Connect ®:
This equipment monitors your vital signs (blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen levels and others) to identify when your condition might be getting worse before it really gets worse.
Who Might Benefit from TeleHealth?
Patients whose vital signs are unstable, often patients with chronic diseases
Congestive heart failure where monitoring weight is important
COPD where monitoring oxygen content of the blood is important
Patients where monitoring their vital signs would help nurses and physicians better manage their care by adjusting medications
Patients who benefit from seeing in direct measurement the impact of following, or not following, their plan of care
What Services does TeleHealth Provide?
Monitoring System that is installed in your home by an Interim HealthCare trained technician
Monitors blood pressure, oxygen levels, and pulse rate
Submits your vital signs to an Interim nurse
If any of your vitals are outside of normal range, you will receive a call from our Interim HealthCare staff
Reports are made to your physician and nursing visits are arranged when necessary
Why Choose Interim for TeleHealth Services?
TeleHealth Services are part of our comprehensive array of services.
- When the technology identifies an issue, Interim HealthCare of The Upstate has the people to help you, whether with Personal Care, Home Health, Active Care or Hospice Services. It isn’t just an alarm service connected to the same people who respond to your home security system.
Vital Signs TeleHealth is part of our standard of care in Home Health.
- All patients who would benefit from monitoring are provided this service, at our expense.
- We are so sure that it contributes to better outcomes that we include it in our services when appropriate.
Peace of Mind
- Knowing that you or a loved one is connected to services at any time and connected to an industry leader provides peace of mind.
How do I Access Interim’s TeleHealth Services?
If you are a current Interim HealthCare patient your nurse will include monitoring in your plan of care if your condition will benefit from the monitoring. Our nurse will coordinate this with your physician and with the technician.
Vital Signs monitoring requires a physician order to set the parameters and so we know who to contact should your readings be outside those parameters. We’ll work with you and your physician if you’re not already on home health services with interim HealthCare.
- Vital Signs monitoring is included in our home health services and is not charged separately to you or to your insurance company. You can have vital signs monitoring when you’re not receiving home health or hospice services in which case we would bill you for this service.
Where do I Receive TeleHealth Services?
- Anywhere you live. Our goal is to keep our community safe and healthy at home, while providing the most cost-effective, cutting-edge technologies available to help achieve that goal.
Call Interim HealthCare of The Lakeshore at (231) 629-4219 . We will be happy to help you. Our technician will call to schedule delivery, installation and training.
At Interim HealthCare, we know what to look for when it comes to whether a loved one can remain safe and independent in their own home. This simple and free quiz can help guide you when making that important decision.
Take The Quiz Now