Elder Care Services in Morristown: Questions to Ask When Considering Care
Posted: 9/18/2019 3:31 PM by
When considering in home care for your loved one, you'll probably have a lot of questions. With services, schedules, and payments to consider, it can be hard to know which questions you should be asking. We're sharing a list of questions to ask about elder care services below. As a senior care provider, Interim HealthCare of East Tennessee can help you make the best care plan for your loved one in Morristown, TN.
Questions to Ask About Elder Care Services
Choosing a care agency or caregiver is one of the most important decisions you'll make with (and for) your loved one. In order to make an organized and informed decision, you may want to consider asking the following questions:
- What type of care does my loved one need? Determining the type of services that are required will aid in choosing the best agency and caregiver. Some individuals will require medical treatments and therapies while others will require assistance with daily chores and companionship.
- Does the agency provide these services? This is the basic question you can ask to narrow down your search. You'll want to make sure you're choosing an agency or caregiver that offers the specific services your loved one requires.
- How often is the care needed? Whether your loved one needs daily or bi-weekly visits, you'll need to figure out how often your loved one needs to receive their treatments or assistance.
- Who provides the services? Your loved one's health and well-being are important, which means you need to make sure the caregivers and nurses are professionals. Ask the agency how they vet their employees to ensure your loved one's safety and comfort.
- How will we pay for care? This is something you can discuss with the care provider and your loved one's insurance provider. Some elder care services are covered by insurance agencies, so be sure to speak with them individually.
Get Started with Interim HealthCare of East Tennessee
At Interim HealthCare of East Tennessee, we are happy to answer any and all questions you have about us and our services. You can also setup a no-obligation, in-home evaluation that will assess your loved one's needs and inform you about our customized care plans. No matter your loved one's unique needs, we're here to provide quality, compassionate care.
For more information about our elder care services in Morristown, call us today at (423) 587-8771. We also serve the surrounding communities of Jefferson City, Newport, Rogersville, and Sevierville.