Living with C.H.F
What is C.H.F?
Heart failure means that the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the body's needs. This condition can be caused by the blockage of blood vessels caused by coronary heart disease or high blood pressure. People with advanced congestive heart failure (CHF) have episodes of serious illness, and then long periods in which their illness seems to stay the same. Although people may recover from their episode of serious illness, it's possible they won't return to their previous level of functioning.
Coronary heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States for men and women, and is the leading cause for heart failure. When the heart's pumping action is lost, blood may back up in other parts of the body and cause fluid to build up in the lungs, liver, gastrointestinal tract, arms and legs.
Heart Disease Treatment
People with advanced CHF may need help with daily tasks, such as fixing food and getting dressed, and with other activities, such as running errands and housekeeping. At some point, there may also be a need for home health care support, such as managing medications, coordinating physician visits or transitioning home after a hospital stay.
Home Care Services for People With Heart Disease
Interim HealthCare has experience in helping individuals and their families live with advanced heart disease. We can customize a program that:
- Provides medication reminders, assistance, administration and reconciliation
- Teaches an individual how to recognize early changes in how they feel, and to take appropriate action to decrease episodes of serious illness
- Develops and/or prepares a heart healthy diet (including shopping and meal preparation, if necessary)
- Assists with physician follow up including transportation
- Helps with the daily activities of living such as bathing and dressing
At Interim HealthCare, we know what to look for when it comes to whether a loved one can remain safe and independent in their own home. This simple and free quiz can help guide you when making that important decision.
Take The Quiz Now