• This levy funds Franklin County Senior Options which provides services and
programs designed to help the frail elderly remain safely at home. Services such as
meals‐on‐wheels, transportation to the doctor and emergency response buttons.
• Passage of this levy will mean that over 10,000 seniors can be served in 2018
with a 3% increase each year of the levy cycle.
• The costs for helping a senior maintain independent living is far smaller than
the costs of institutional or nursing home care.
• Growth of this small levy has not kept pace with the growth in the aging
population or the growth in demand for services. This small increase will support
some moderate growth in the number of seniors that can be served during 2018
• Given the certainty of increased demand for services, a larger safety net is
needed for our community to avoid seniors getting into crisis.
• The current senior services levy will expire at the end of 2017. The senior levy
is the sole funding source for Senior Options. Without passage of this levy, Senior
Options will shut down and access to valuable services will be lost for our seniors.
• A request has been made to put a 1.3 mill senior services levy renewal plus a
.45 mill increase on the May 2017 ballot.
• This additional increase will cost the owner of a $100,000 home an additional
$15.75 per YEAR.