Senior Care in Sonora: When is it time?
Posted: 3/21/2020 1:02 PM by
It's a natural instinct to help out your parents as they get older, particularly when you see signs that they're having trouble with certain household tasks. But how can you tell when they've gone from needing a hand on occasion to needing support from a senior care professional in Sonora, CA?
At Interim HealthCare of Jackson, we've been providing personalized senior care in the local area for years, and in that time we've helped a lot of families make important decisions to promote the health, safety, and comfort of their elderly loved ones. One of the most common questions we receive is whether or not it's time to invest in senior care for a family member.
How to Tell It's Time to Call a Senior Care Provider
The best way to determine how you can help an elderly loved one is to set up a free consultation with one of our senior care specialists. But before you take that step, there are certain signs you can look out for regarding your family member's actions, appearance, and home.
These signs include:
- Changes in their behavior. They may withdraw from their loved ones or show less interest in things they've always liked to do. They may also show signs of poor judgment, reduced energy, or mood swings.
- Changes in their state of mind. They may appear more confused, even about subjects or activities they know well. They may also seem more forgetful in general and struggle to recall where they live, what year it is, or things they have just been told.
- Changes in their appearance. They may look more disheveled than they usually do, with messy hair, stubble, dirty clothes, or stained teeth.
- Changes in the way they move. They may have difficulty standing up or walking, or may experience pain when washing or putting away the dishes.
- Changes in their living area. Their home may seem dirtier or more cluttered than the last time you visited. You may also notice that certain appliances don't work or that the food in the fridge is expired.
Book a Senior Care Consultation in Sonora
If you're concerned about someone you love, call Interim HealthCare of Jackson today at (209) 223-9119. We can come to your home for a senior care consultation in Sonora, Jackson, Valley Springs, Angel's Camp, Murphys, or Twain Hart.