— August 1, 2015
- Interim HealthCare, the nation’s leading home care, hospice and healthcare staffing franchise, is joining health care organizations around the country in celebrating national immunization month. Immunization helps prevent dangerous and sometimes deadly diseases. To stay protected against serious illnesses like the flu, measles, and pneumonia, adults need to get their shots.
“National Immunization Awareness Month is a great time to promote vaccines and remind family, friends, and coworkers to stay up to date on their shots,” said Jennifer Ballard, Chief Clinical Officer for Interim HealthCare Inc. “We encourage our franchisees to spread the word in their local communities. Older adults are more likely to get certain diseases and are more at risk for serious complications from infections. Also, the protection from some shots can wear off over time.”
While one should discuss their particular needs with their doctor, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommends:
If you are age 60 or older:
If you are age 65 or older:
- Get shots to prevent pneumococcal ("noo-muh-KOK-uhl") disease. Pneumococcal disease can include pneumonia (“noo-MOHN-yah”), meningitis, and blood infections. Learn about pneumococcal shots.
It’s also important for all adults to:
- Get a flu vaccine every year. The seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to protect yourself and others from the flu.
- Get the Tdap shot to protect against tetanus (“TET-nes”), diphtheria (“dif-THEER-ee-ah”), and whooping cough (pertussis). Everyone needs to get the Tdap shot once. Learn about the Tdap shot.
- Get a Td shot every 10 years to keep you protected against tetanus and diphtheria. Learn about Td shots.
About Interim HealthCare:
Interim HealthCare Inc., founded in 1966, is a leading national franchisor of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. It is part of Caring Brands International which also includes UK-based Bluebird Care and Australia-based Just Better Care, both well-known franchise brands in their countries. With more than 530 franchise locations in seven countries Caring Brands International is a global health care leader.
Interim HealthCare in the United States is unique in combining the commitment of local ownership with the support of a national organization that develops innovative programs and quality standards that improve the delivery of service. Franchisees employ nurses, therapists, aides, companions and other healthcare professionals who provide 25 million hours of home care service to 190,000 people each year, meeting a variety of home health, senior care, hospice, palliative care, pediatric care and healthcare staffing needs. For more information or to locate an Interim HealthCare office, visit www.interimhealthcare.com